Thursday, September 27, 2007

Freelancing Projects

Okay, I hope you've noticed the new RSS feed over to the left. That's a feed from Get A Freelancer. It's updated with the latest open projects that you can go and bid on, and hopefully win, to get you started in your freelance career. Registration with GAF is free, so you really have nothing to lose. Just pick a project and bid on it. There are literally Hundreds of projects open right now, so you're bound to find something that you are interested in. Check out the feed, or go on to the GAF site, and sign up. This could be the first step in securing your freelancing and work from home career :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello- thanks for all of your work from home advice... it is all very helpful for someone like myself. I am signing up for "Get a freelancer.com" right now-

Until recently, I have been accustomed to working my corporate marketing position. I decided to leave this position due to complications in the work enviroment. During my time off- I have discovered how convienent it is to be home! Laundry gets done... house is clean... the kid gets to come home after school as opposed to his after school program...ect. So, I'm wondering if I can make it at home doing my own work... Do you have any suggestions for me to get started quickly? I can't afford to be out of work too long- I have many skills to offer- creative design, typing, writing, ect...

I appreciate all of your advice and will continue to read your blog!!

Michelle
robbinsmi@hotmail.com

Vanessa Beaty said...

Hi Michelle,

I'm so glad that my blog has helped you. Incidentally, I can vouch for the fact that you can survive by working online. Actually I have been so busy writing these past few weeks that I haven't even had time to update the blog:) I do plan to add new resources soon. I would love to help anyone I can find a way to stay at home and earn an income.
If you know what you want to do, that's the most important step. I would suggest GAF, which you have already signed up for I guess, and the DP forum. The link is in one of the posts, it's Digital Points forum. I get alot of long-term clients from there. Also check out the Talk Home Business Forum, everyone there is really helpful.
Just drop me a line if I can help you at all.
Thanks
Vanessa